Important Server recovery

Discussion in 'SAMP Server News' started by RedShirt, Aug 24, 2017.

?

Choose options

1. Switch to lagshot

21 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Unbanning everyone

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Unbanning + inviting people automaticly again

68 vote(s)
    77.3%
  4. Closing it down

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Give the server a clean restart with zero stats

16 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Changing server rules

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Please mark what you think would improve the condition, answers are simple.

Any non-helping replies will be deleted, i really don't need pessimism, if you want to express pessimism mark the close it down option.

[CG]Adrian and Seneca like this.
  2. Storm[OZ]

Storm[OZ] YE BOIIIIIIIIIII
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Unban everyone, like what can we lose, players? We dont have any, also if the unbanned players start cheating again we just ban them.

[MoH].yK and [CG]Adrian like this.
  3. J4OSZ

J4OSZ The Soldier

LAGSHOTTT with multiple eagle shots registering

4. WeekendSoldiers

WeekendSoldiers Airman First Class

Yea exactly

I also voted for changing server rules. An idea is to change it towards something that results in more tdm

5. Storm[OZ]

Storm[OZ] YE BOIIIIIIIIIII
    Sr. P.S. Admin

I know its not in the options, but what about no more kami? I mean deactivating it, shit i dunno at least lets discuss it. Its pretty much only a griefing thing, makes a lot of people to rage quit.

titanium likes this.
  6. Húgo

Húgo Airman
    P.S. Trustee

In a way, starting fresh seems like a nice idea. Could promote the server as something new, not old PS still somehow existing with inertia.

[CG]Adrian likes this.
  7. Thais

Thais Senpai
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Changing rules, unbanning people + bringing back the real sawnoff damage.

[CG]Adrian likes this.
  8. WeekendSoldiers

WeekendSoldiers Airman First Class

I understand what you mean. Some of my own kami's gave me a double feeling sometimes, like should i be doing this.
    But we have to realise that some of all the kami's are part of a chain. The kamis im talking about are the ones used as a tool of justice. For example when ppl kamiing a tank which killed them before / or kamiing as a payback for a gangbang / or kamiing as a payback for a molo or whatever kill etc. So what i mean by a 'chain' is that if u remove the kami, you remove one of the tank's biggest nightmares or gangbang cars can more easily and freely cruise down the streets..
    So it can use some finetuning

I would also love to samp be a cbug-free (or any bug, but mainly cbug) game, cause its simply a bug and therefore a shame. So i would say remove that, but a con on removing it is the fact that it became a big part of the game through the years, so it will probaby shock and scare off many cbug-ugers

9. SECO

SECO Airman

I would argue that skins should be unlocked for everyone. Also, I could notice new players leave the server because it isn't too comfortable to play in, they have to learn a lot of stuff in order to play! Partyserver is uncolored, and there are no commands at all (Something you could find at any server). It's time to change, and add new features"! If you agree with me, you'll know what to do.

10. PRED4TOR

PRED4TOR Airman Basic

Yes these are good choices...

1. I believe that all players should be unbanned and also new players that join(if not aimbotters) should have extra benefits to make them more comfortable while playing in the server.

2.The "Weekly rewards" are one of the worst things that happened to ps imo,why?
    New players dont have a chance of getting rewards and old players easily get the /cloak comand witch makes them even more overpowered than they are.
    The weekly rewards should be cancelled right now...

3.Not too sure about this,but I think if the server starts off fresh all over might encourage new players to start competing
    with eachother

4.I think some players gave up on the server purely because of the sawn losing its damege,it's been a wile and its time to fix it.

5.(Only if the server improves)The rule "Play as a team" should be taken seriously and players that are from different teams all should shoot eachother.

That's all,thank u

maluda, Yeahman[DIE] and [CG]Adrian like this.
  11. Lisa

Lisa Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

Voted for server refresh with zero stats, unbanning everyone, and a major revamp of the server rules. We could gain some of those who were banned for cheating another chance (not habitual offenders though).

Kandake likes this.
  12. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I'd love for you to explain what you mean by "uncolored" - but first if you never saw it.. check http://partyserver.us/?page=commands, i think there's also a in-game view of that..

I think the mass unban should be tied to a lagshot switch, lagshot switch would also ensure that there's no more ability for anyone to actually use aim hacks.

We'd lose some functionality with a lagshot switch, and some parts would need to be re-done, but it's mostly minor stuff, lagshot would definetly solve 2 things, which is make server more accesible to newbies and solve the forever accusations of aimbotting.

Personally, i think the limiting kamikaze idea is not bad either, it's really just a griefing tool unless there's enough players on the server..

Seneca and [CG]Adrian like this.
  13. PopeyChild

PopeyChild Airman Basic

Unbanning everyone + inviting people automaticly again .

14. Yeahman[DIE]

Yeahman[DIE] Airman Basic

1. Switch to lagshoot + ding sound is much easier to know if you hitted that guy from distance.
    2. Unban everyone and invite them back than maybe we can reach 100 players again
    3. Make deagle sync better because sometimes it dont register.
    4. No kamikaze it is not usefull.
    5. Sawn off can be back but no 2 shoots.
    6. If some one hack and somebody says in main chat, Kick/Mute/Ban that one there is a /report command.(Not for the new players)

:)

15. Reda.

Reda. Airman First Class

1- Switching to lagshot ain't gonna bring new players IMO.
    2- i think kami is fine , as long as u can't kami someone twice, u can't kami with cloak , you can't kami in spawnzones !
    3- unban everyone and invit them.
    4- if you're bringing back sawns then 2 shoots should be allowed, i mean what for you're bringing them back w/o 2 shoots ?
    5- @PRED4TOR i think the "Weekly rewards" are just fine ! those new players would like to have some features like cloak and /newskin, and they can't buy it ! so the only way is they get it by weekly rewards, they just need time to know about it, no one of us came in the server knowing that he will get extra abilities if he donates...

[MoH].yK likes this.
  16. [DIE]Kastro

[DIE]Kastro Technical Sergeant

In favor of unbanning and inviting everyone.
    Not in favor of switching back to lagshot since we would then be in the league of a/d uL type servers and there is no way we can compete with them. Lagshot lovers would definitely play a/d over TDM
    TDM is good with skinshot but I support the ding sound.
    There obviously needs to be a major revamp in server rules.
    PS : there is no need to unban everyone , the cheaters who modded their game should be unbanned with a grain of salt. Keep a weather eye on them .

Kandake and Yeahman[DIE] like this.
  17. [DIE]Kastro

Can't edit so I will add.
    There is no need to close down as the server as SAMP is most certainly not dead , neither is the TDM genre.
    I have seen so many servers with average player count as 50 with TDM.
    For instance the Los Santos Turf war server. I played here for a while and they do not have any /gps player command.
    They have /turfwar command like ours /findwar.
    There is no personal fueds between players , no politics no drama. No player hunts anyone etc . They just findwar and killing the other team as is the rules of the game.
    There are no interteam alliance (which is the worst thing for a TDM server).
    Also admin can play a song in the background which is pretty cool.
    I mean we should have that attitude , pure TDM no drama of traitor or what not.
    The amount for insults on the server are lower as well.
    The chat is full off traids rule and ballas ez etc. They don't just target out a single player and hunt.
    There are many other servers like this and I think admin or even us regulars should visit them and learn from them to make these changes.

18. Húgo

Húgo Airman
    P.S. Trustee

If PS had no drama, it wouldn't be PS. If I just wanted to shoot people and play TDM, I'd play GTA V or even CoD or something. In my opinion, the whole drama thing is what makes PartyServer awesome. It's just fucking hilarious! :D
    I believe many others will agree. If not, then good point, Kastro.

Kosuki07 and Kandake like this.
  19. [DIE]Kastro

It's hilarious for you because you are friends with entire sever.
    A newbie with 0 kills is not. He will join riches or some other team jump on the car with the regulars by seeing their kills and voila , that regulars friend from other team comes and kills the players.
    The player is pissed off like wtf why didn't his team member help him.
    He is killed again and again and again and his teammates just /wank /dance near ammunation while he fights the turfwar.
    Whenever the new player gets notifications of swats have started turf war again your team go /findwar he does that and sees multiple riches on the map with swats. Confident , he attacks them only to find out that again either swats and riches are just chilling or once again there is a party or something going on with /dance or /wank or whatever.
    Frustrated he quits. I know this because
    I have and sent many of boys Undercover.
    Besides Drama leads to insults , insults lead to long term bans for 2-3 years which has caused all these problems anyway and immense drop in player count.

I am not against all this rp type stuff , it's just it will be good that if you want to hangout with your other team friend and do all this wanking and dancing do it in a no man's land in LS or LV , in low player count or make sure that your mates aren't just killing anyone.

20. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

So many suggestions in this thread is so disgusting its not even funny. And they wonder why we're at a low player count now. griefing tool? I'm just gonna vote and watch more chaos unleash from these dumb ass suggestions. - no need to reply to me, because I certainly won't reply to NONE of you.