Important Server as of 2017

Discussion in 'SAMP Server News' started by RedShirt, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ubieca99

ubieca99 Airman First Class

Nope, still online.

2. [Boss]InFamouS

[Boss]InFamouS Airman Basic

As a member who quite early joined this server, mybe not from it's real start, but the time I invested and fun I had.. was really special.. The people I met, friends I made.. It was all damn epic! So sad that it "ended" like this, but I still come around from time to time.. check the situation.. sometimes even stumble on the old player and that just stand in the base and chat about good ol' times at the PS! And I'll keep it doing as long as this server exists!!

Thank you all once again :3 :h:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    [CG]Adrian likes this.
  3. rug

rug Airman Basic

Hi guys, It's me rug. Some of you newer people wont recognise me but some old timers might remember me. I started around about a decade ago when my longtime good mate irl (blood) showed me the game that i ended up devoting many hours to. It's been many years since I've played samp. I'll never forget the good times I've had with you all over the years. Its funny because i saw a video on youtube by spec Hunter and an influx of memories came rushing back like it was yesterday.

I want to thank you all for playing such a huge impact on my life growing up. Being a gamer growing up, I felt at home connecting with so many online friends that shared a similar passion for the game. I remember the days when I started getting the gist of cbugging, joining ACI, lighting up swats and just having an all round blast on the server. To all the good mates that remember me back in the good old days, I'll always remember playing alongside you and tearing it up! Shout out to [Spec], Prom, [KFC], Ex ACI members, A_doorway, mckadoo and the rest of the crew that i became close with over the years.

Thanks again for everything you've done with the server Boss, Redshirt and other admins.

I was so close-knit with this community back in the day so heres a real life update. I'm now 22, recently graduated in Exercise Science, left my famlily and friends to move to a different city to challenge myself and am in pursuit of my Masters of Physiotherapy. I hope you all are doing well in life and pursuing your passion.

[NTL]Nightta, Poso and Lesbian like this.
  4. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

We could easily serve as test subjects for a master thesis :D

[r]huzefa and Lesbian like this.
  5. killer_47

killer_47 Airman

Hey guys..
    I know i have not been in game in recent times. I appreciate the people who joined the server even when the player count was low. The day had to come and somewhere we all knew that it would come soon. I'll miss you guys. I have spend days playing this server and I met amazing people. I'll miss all my friends and I apologize for being a dick sometimes (though i enjoyed it in case of a few players). Best of luck guys for whatever you are doing in your life. Stay in touch if possible. :D

6. Rysher

Rysher Staff Sergeant
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Well-well... so we came to this point. I'm really sorry to see our beloved PartyServer die like this...
    It was not just a place we had fun on, it was a place where we all grew up on, or.. at least get just a little bit older (since I started playing it around my mid twenties).
    One thing for sure, we all did this with fun&joy, sometimes with rage and anger, but it was all worth it to the last drop!
    I honestly think we built something like a family there, a very-very genuine community, each of us had their own individualities, we were all soo different personalities but when it needed we always found common grounds and were able to work together like real colleagues. I'm pretty sure we'll not gonna find such great gaming community again.

Thank you RedShirt! The zillions of tons of work you did. You made PS so great! When I first told Ray about you and asked him to give you "the chance" to revamp the server, I was pretty sure that you will get the job done properly, I'm so glad i was not mistakin so the server lived on for many more years, with much higher quality.
    And of course, a special-special thanks to Ray himself for creating the server, hope he's okay and made (or going to make) a successful career at the USMC.

And last but not least, thank you for all of you guys being around for those years, you were all amazing, even if I never told any of u this.. (lol)
    All of you will be missed.

Cheers!
    - rys

PS: God bless you Rockstar Games for making the Rustler! :D

Poso and Lesbian like this.
  7. Alexandra

Alexandra Senior Airman

What happend???

8. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Marius (mow), who was our hosting sponsor since last few years had as of november some personal issues that he didn't want to talk to - due to which he passively quit sa-mp scene and left ls-rp, foco tdm and partyserver without a server in the end.

Usually he would still pay for server after it expired after a few days so i didn't post anything yet - waiting to see what would happen, but this time he didn't and it seems final - we no longer have a place to host our server.

There is a full server backup dating to 13.3. which is a month old, there is not much to do with this unless we have hosting to put it on.
    Martin (ls-rp) has offered us free hosting but at this point i'm not sure how many are still playing and if it's worth doing it at all..

What do you think should be done?

rrrrr, [CG]Adrian and Kandake like this.
  9. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

thats a hell of a question

10. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

That's a very useful reply.

11. [spEc]Hunter

[spEc]Hunter spEcial
    P.S. Trustee

GIVE IT a try!!

12. [OMCK]BlooD_Stalin

[OMCK]BlooD_Stalin Airman Basic

Maybe it would be worthwhile to transfer the server to a more budget, designed for a smaller number of simultaneous players, mr. Redshirt?

13. Rysher

Rysher Staff Sergeant
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Or start thinking on a FiveM partyserver.. wild idea?

14. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I don't even have gta5, and don't want to deal with transferring server to fivem, if anyone else wants.. sure, i can deal with domain transfer and can take over this community for another game, but it won't be me making fivem partyserver.

15. Flake

Flake PartyServer Staff Member
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

Checkout rage multiplayer, its a lot more powerful than fivem.
    I've actually got a base TDM/war gamemode in the works hmmmm

16. lions-mafia

lions-mafia Airman Basic

I have had a great time at this server , I met friends we became one family (Julian) , I hope he returns to work

rrrrr likes this.
  17. Ednac_

Ednac_ Airman First Class

@RedShirt He offers to do it for free, and so even if it just gives one of the old dogs or us new dogs one last minute of enjoyment and nostalgia cure, then it is worth it. Use the time we have to find out where we can move the surviving community too. If it means anything to hear from me, I consider myself at the very least sane, more sane than other players we have all had the pleasure of playing with. Even then I would offer up my life savings to keep party server up, even if it was empty for the rest of its days. The day partyserver dies and we accept defeat would leave the world broken. No one ever no matter what will get the chance to dance atop the partybus as an overweight devoted gang member, get married as gay pimps, and befriend the weirdest people across the globe. Hear me out, I don't think that we can last forever, but we should put forth every resource we can while we transition out of this period. I don't mean for this to be a grand plea thats meaningless, honestly I haven't been on PS in 2 months but I think about it everyday of my life. I'm willing to step up and put work in to just know its still alive somehow, anyway i don't care.

[CG]Adrian likes this.
  18. Kandake

Kandake Airman Basic

Bring it back! :party:

rrrrr, JinX, Chu and 1 other person like this.
  19. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Maybe beating a dead horse isn't what i wish to do, if i take up martin's offer - it's still just extended life support (on a new ip - keep that in mind) for the server before it ends, does anyone actually benefit from that? the community became toxic about 5-6 years ago, then it went downhill and it hasn't grown for the last 2 years, what good can possibly come from extended life support?

Xatos, Lesbian and [CG]Adrian like this.
  20. [Turk]Polat

[Turk]Polat Airman Basic

this server a legend on sa-mp. not matter if it not grown. if people still donating and playing everyday on this server despite 10 players, it must still alive