Important Server as of 2017

Discussion in 'SAMP Server News' started by RedShirt, Jun 13, 2017.

1. WeekendSoldiers

WeekendSoldiers Airman First Class

We could see it coming, the downwards move after that first party. Only advertising will get us nowhere, in fact advertising with the current state will destroy the server even more. A serious renovation is needed in order to bring improvement. This has been told alot so i believe staff is working on something. But it shouldnt last to long.
    By auto event system u mean to keep an event on all the time? If so, then i dont think this will help, cause it divide the players and it will feel as even a lower player count on SF. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Hummm now that i think about it....How about a vote system?maybe if player count is 15+ players can start a vote and if 25-50% of the pee-pal agree,then a random event starts. Ofcourse changes can be made in the values and stuffz like that...

3. PepsiMax

PepsiMax Airman First Class
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Back in the day there wasn't even an event system in place and the player count used to rise up to 200-300 players. Sure, events are an important part of the gameplay now, but I wouldn't put so much hope in them being capable to attract more players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

There is this thing I've notice however - Alot of new players that joins either news/farmers/justice, can anyone explain why the hell do they venture off to red county or other far parts of the map? This used to be a thing every now & then but now its happening alot more, and its weird to me. they spawn in san fierro and when you're looking to fight a new player you ended up driving way to las venturas or los santos. idk if they get lost or they're just freeroaming...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Probably just freeroaming....looking round the server..

6. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Like you said...back in the days of 200-300 players. When there were too many players to provide entertainment and dm. At that time there was enough entertainment that events were not even neeeded. But now, Times have changed....

7. chino_cudeiro

chino_cudeiro Airman Basic

I have played all day and the maximum number of players I have seen has been 22 players, the average 12. New people enter the server, but it is difficult to retain it if there isn't activity, without admins or events. I think it would be important to know which administrators are still active and make a plan.

For other hand, I think that there is a problem with VIP players when the number of players is low. When a new player join and play in a server with few players but with many privileges, a fair fight is not provided and 15 minutes later the new player exit bored. Is it possible limit privileges if the number of players is low?

A player said it would be interesting to remove the ban to players who were very active and send and email. I think that its a good idea. What can we lose?

Regards,
    Chino

8. Storm[OZ]

Storm[OZ] PAPA BLESS
    Sr. P.S. Admin

You guys really need to stop thinking about events as the solution, yes they are very funny and probably one of the best things of partyserver (and the funniest of being admin), but with low players is just stupid to make events, as an example i have been doing "races" the last days with max 30 players, and is just retarded, in most of them only 5-7 players join the event (most of the time regulars or old players) ending in a really boring race almost non competitive and not attracting any new player.

Taking the other side other admins have been doing tdm/dm, yes they are funny and so again regulars join and play, but the main world starts to get empty and boring, and so people leave, people that almost every time is a new guy or a non casual that ends up leaving (new players are not familiar with the /enter thing, no matter how many times we spam the message on the screen or with the whole tdm thing).

Yes events are great for entertaining the players and keep them into the server, but what we need right now is people to join the server, and that factor is only modified by how the server is seen by the outside (playercount shown/gamemode), if we need more new players we need to get old ones online, the server has low player account yet i see a lot of movement in the forum, i know that most of the regulars have a life outside, i was gone for like 2 months too, but if we want to get new people on, we , as old players have to enter the server and play, not asking for a everyday thing, but if we can manage to create some population spikes we can get more people on. NEW PEOPLE, if all of you guys are so interested with keeping the server alive ( and i believe we all do) TRY TO GET ONLINE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

Was the mass e-mail to registered players even given a thought?

10. Seneca

Seneca Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I noted it, prowhore