Important Server as of 2017

Discussion in 'SAMP Server News' started by RedShirt, Jun 13, 2017.

1. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Hummm now that i think about it....How about a vote system?maybe if player count is 15+ players can start a vote and if 25-50% of the pee-pal agree,then a random event starts. Ofcourse changes can be made in the values and stuffz like that...

2. PepsiMax

PepsiMax Airman First Class
    Sr. P.S. Admin

Back in the day there wasn't even an event system in place and the player count used to rise up to 200-300 players. Sure, events are an important part of the gameplay now, but I wouldn't put so much hope in them being capable to attract more players.

3. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

There is this thing I've notice however - Alot of new players that joins either news/farmers/justice, can anyone explain why the hell do they venture off to red county or other far parts of the map? This used to be a thing every now & then but now its happening alot more, and its weird to me. they spawn in san fierro and when you're looking to fight a new player you ended up driving way to las venturas or los santos. idk if they get lost or they're just freeroaming...

4. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Probably just freeroaming....looking round the server..

5. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Like you said...back in the days of 200-300 players. When there were too many players to provide entertainment and dm. At that time there was enough entertainment that events were not even neeeded. But now, Times have changed....

6. chino_cudeiro

chino_cudeiro Airman Basic

I have played all day and the maximum number of players I have seen has been 22 players, the average 12. New people enter the server, but it is difficult to retain it if there isn't activity, without admins or events. I think it would be important to know which administrators are still active and make a plan.

For other hand, I think that there is a problem with VIP players when the number of players is low. When a new player join and play in a server with few players but with many privileges, a fair fight is not provided and 15 minutes later the new player exit bored. Is it possible limit privileges if the number of players is low?

A player said it would be interesting to remove the ban to players who were very active and send and email. I think that its a good idea. What can we lose?

Regards,
    Chino

7. Storm[OZ]

Storm[OZ] YE BOIIIIIIIIIII
    Sr. P.S. Admin

You guys really need to stop thinking about events as the solution, yes they are very funny and probably one of the best things of partyserver (and the funniest of being admin), but with low players is just stupid to make events, as an example i have been doing "races" the last days with max 30 players, and is just retarded, in most of them only 5-7 players join the event (most of the time regulars or old players) ending in a really boring race almost non competitive and not attracting any new player.

Taking the other side other admins have been doing tdm/dm, yes they are funny and so again regulars join and play, but the main world starts to get empty and boring, and so people leave, people that almost every time is a new guy or a non casual that ends up leaving (new players are not familiar with the /enter thing, no matter how many times we spam the message on the screen or with the whole tdm thing).

Yes events are great for entertaining the players and keep them into the server, but what we need right now is people to join the server, and that factor is only modified by how the server is seen by the outside (playercount shown/gamemode), if we need more new players we need to get old ones online, the server has low player account yet i see a lot of movement in the forum, i know that most of the regulars have a life outside, i was gone for like 2 months too, but if we want to get new people on, we , as old players have to enter the server and play, not asking for a everyday thing, but if we can manage to create some population spikes we can get more people on. NEW PEOPLE, if all of you guys are so interested with keeping the server alive ( and i believe we all do) TRY TO GET ONLINE.

[CG]Adrian likes this.
  8. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

Was the mass e-mail to registered players even given a thought?

9. Seneca

Seneca Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I noted it, prowhore

10. Flake

Flake PartyServer Staff Member
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

Crazy, I remember finding partyserver back in 2008 when i was in year 6 at school (11 years old) and I was the pinnacle of 'that annoying kid' now im in my 20s and still around, granted I haven't played in a while I'll never be able to forget all the memories I've shared with SA:MP/partyserver. I always and always will hope for the best for partyserver.

I mean hey, you never know, one of those popular youtubers or twitch streamers could stumble across SA:MP and make it blow up again anything possible.

It would be cool to see partyserver expand on to GTA:V since there are some promising clients poping up (RAGE:MP, gt-mp and so on) however I understand life priorities and what not :)

J4OSZ likes this.
  11. agent_PIERRE

agent_PIERRE Staff Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

I like the idea...

12. enhEnd

enhEnd Staff Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

thanks for the good times

13. J4OSZ

J4OSZ The Soldier

I grew up from like 13-14 to 21 on this server i been around here for so long it sucks to see this server go down but the game is old af, gta 5 is out, people are about graphics, not gameplay. I wish i could bring the modern days of pottysurva in the 2011 era when the server exploded with 200+ on the normal. Ita not much we could do nowadays but: Prey, and set up certain days and a certain time for US regulars and oldheads to join the server together.

14. a_doorway

a_doorway Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Admin

The game is going on 13 years old, it was always going to come to this. People have grown up, people have moved on, people have better computers, people are playing newer games. It's that simple. Nothing lasts forever.

However I will take this time to say that I feel so privileged to be a part of it all. I met so many awesome people from all around the world that I wouldn't have otherwise, and I experienced some of my best times of any online gaming community in my years of gaming. You're all fucking awesome - even the guys who I never really saw eye-to-eye with. And then there was some of the funniest shit you'll ever see that happened on PS that you'll never see anywhere else - from really, really dumb cheaters to just...well...bizarre happenings that you'd never see anywhere else.

Biggest kudos goes to Redshirt though for paying to keep the server up & running for as long as he has, never underestimate the sheer amount of work this dude has put into this server since taking over from KFC back in early 2009, if it wasn't for him then there's no way this server would have lasted as long as it has. Not only from a developmental standpoint (like AC & scripting), but also having to deal with the hundreds of cheating retards via dms on a monthly basis. His work will never go unnoticed.

I don't know if this is the end, as I don't have SA installed right now to check if the server is even online, but going by the recent posts you'd have to think it's getting close. But don't fret - many of us are still active on Steam or FB - I don't know about the FB group but there's still a Steam group for Partyserver that people are free to join. See you there - hopefully!

Biggie, [CG]Adrian and Lesbian like this.
  15. pr0wh0re

pr0wh0re Staff Sergeant

Sadly, I'm never invited into these groups! I think its thais and her army causing this.

16. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

I am not going to disagree that the game has become old but just going to do the math for you guys. I just checked right now and there are 26097 overall players online on all servers of SAMP. Lets round that to 26,000. I know that most players don't know English and are not interested in English so lets divide that number by 2. We get 13,000 players who know English and it is possible to get some of them on PS. If you do not believe still in that number then take it to 10,000 players. Now all i am asking is that is it actually impossible to snatch a few of those people and collect them on PS?Ok lets forget getting 100 players back, lets first keep a smaller goal. How does 40-50 players at all times sound?
    But to do so we need something that was everywhere in the good days of PS....Something right infront of us that we are missing out. That something is the basis of PS and all TDM servers which is action. So all we need to do is collect the 20 players online these days....create more action if you get what i mean. I was thinking, how about some battle royale shit that has become popular these days?Or maybe when the player count is below 20 the people spawn at different places MUCH closer to each other and the world is limited,not the whole of SAMP is required. Now to do that we need Redshirt,as he is the programmer and Bo$$ bO$$ and we are the dumb idiots....or are we?i am sure there are a couple programmers in this community so aint it possible that someone makes a script for PS?i mean if i knew programming then i would love to just for Old Times Sake.
    P.S : if sharing scripts and all isnt possible since you need to know the actual whole script,then i am sorry for all the blabbering i did :p

17. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I just want to vent about the experience i just had with one of players.

J4OSZ - a regular complaining that he can no longer break the rules.

Seriously, i've spectated noobs like a thousand times to see what made the newbies leave, it was after getting killed a bunch of times in spawns by various overpowering means that they'd simply leave.. I didn't pull the new spawns idea out of my arse to annoy regulars, that idea was being tossed around for 5 years at least any i was only able to make it work at that point. If the server is not fun to you without breaking rules and annoying the only source of players - noobs, then seriously: you have a problem in your head.

Kandake, Biggie, rxz and 2 others like this.
  18. [spEc]Metal

[spEc]Metal Chief Master Sergeant
    P.S. Trustee

I'm replying here a bit late and I'd like to write something down too, as a member who's been here since early 2010 I must say that I had a really good time with all of you.
    I won't even start listing names of people I became friends with here because there is too much of them:) you're all great people and this place will always remind me of good, fun and crazy times.
    I still got like thousands of screenshots and a lot of sick footage, I'm also happy to announce that my Partyserver promo video just hit over 3500 views.

Much love,
    [​IMG]

Wolfy and J4OSZ like this.