Important Server as of 2017

Discussion in 'SAMP Server News' started by RedShirt, Jun 13, 2017.

1. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

I have not been active much in either development or involved in the community since new year, i do apologize for that, but certain projects from "real life" have been so important to me that i could not get them done without complete dedication of my free time. This project really mattered to me a lot, and was a very important to me.

Sadly this means, that the server had suffered, life is such that you can never have everything, so you sometimes have to make choices you don't want and / or like, i was never much of a community leader anyway, i am good with script and programming, not much else, i have seen a lot and been with you for over last 8 years, i've seen the server take many population hits and rises.

I think overall that we had a really good run with partyserver over the past decade, but sadly, i think sa-mp as community has came to a impasse where the development side of sa-mp has held back progress for server owners, especially in regard to exposure in server browser, we simply cannot compete for exposure against the masses of large RP servers, especially now with a really aging game and communities behind sa-mp and partyserver.

I was not able to do more for anti-cheat and bring much more functionality and provide more fixes, because i have been hitting bugs and limitations of sa-mp architecture and design choices in every single place that i have tried to expand to.

I've been also really demotivated a few years ago when paypal decided to fuck us in the ass and deny us payments. That little money that brought in really helped motivate me and justify spending time on developing and expanding the server, it felt like at least i was getting something positive besides the constant whinings, manipulative PM-s and complaints because - sadly player praises were rare, so at least i had that for a while, and it helped a lot.

The population is in a general decline due to a dozen factors and i believe we should come to terms with the future of partyserver. While i believe that some of you will keep playing no matter the population count until it's shut down and go down with the ship, it's time to admit and say that partyserver is going to have to end at some point. Not that i'm announcing it now, but at one point it will make no sense to keep the server online anymore - the server is currently being sponsored in whole amout by ls-rp's owners - foco network, and i don't want to be a financial burden to them. There also is no sense to sell or give the server to anybody, and i don't think a big revival will happen in the future again like it did a few times in past (Like the whole omck event and a few other times where population and popularity suddendly and unexpectedly exploded).

So i hope me, server and our server staff gave you (mostly) positive memories, and that then the server's time comes you will remember us in a good light and forget about the bad things.

I will stick around and keep the server up and if something urgent happens also fix it, but i will not work on real updates, so not much is going to change at least till the end of this year.

I have met many really good people thanks to sa-mp and partyserver and i hope to meet a few of you in the future possibly even in real life - and open a cold beer together, talk about the good' old times..

Kosuki07 and [NTL]Nightta like this.
  2. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

For the record, This is how much player sessions we've served each month since we began recording data since 2010, we've had our best time during 2012 - 2014:

[​IMG]

Apple likes this.
  3. PRED4TOR

PRED4TOR Airman Basic

Well I think we all saw this coming,but as RedShirt said we had a good run here on PS and while it is sad that this had to happened I can say that the past 3 years spent here are totally worth it and I wont forget them...
    I easily had the most fun playing here then on any other game,met alot of interesting people here and ofcorse the time spent playing with them is special. The years spent here flew by fast,It was like yesterday there were 200 players and we all went into war at the airpotrt to battle for the hydra,teaming up and gangbanging other players,attacking enemy bases,calling eachother "ez" xD. And the feeling of playing and killing time with online friends even at late night hours is something special.
    So thank u all friends and enemies for for the memories here and of course sorry for the players I have been a real dick to,I know I have been a jerk to some but I don't really mean it.
    Well thats all,I will hang on this server till the end comes.Hope we can spend the last year of PS as best we can...

Yours truly,P.R.E.D.A.T.O.R

4. SiMo

SiMo Airman Basic

No problem.Thank you such a good server, i really made good friends on this server and they are still my friend since 2011. i started a/d cuz of this server . it was my first . i am emir16 greetings to my all ps friend [aci]niko, jamiebarker, tnypc, [hyper]eri_sawachika(ritsu) and too many friends that i dont remember . 'XDinero.Ritsu' thinks that server is died because of RedShirt and he flames you too much. he is really angry cuz few players on ps

5. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

Like i was telling everybody for the past few years, you can all feel free to blame this on me if it makes it easier for you, but seriously it's not my job to bring players to the server.
    I was practically doing 90% of managing, anticheat appeals, development and handling stupid petty bickering PMs myself.

The community is always the one doing recruiting and working on retention of players.
    I have been repeating on how players should work and teach new players to make them stay and make community grow, but barely anybody had followed that advice, so the community simply declined.

You can't expect to have a mass of players if you don't retain them by having a friendly and acceptable community atmosphere, it was toxic behavior and lack of friendliness that turned away new players.

6. Torres821

Torres821 Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force

I got to install SAMP on January of 2011, found this server and got to make buddies and long time buddies such kebab cheater Emir; had a lot of fun.

Thank you for your hard work but I still believe it's never too late.

7. Torres821

Torres821 Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force

Isn't easier or harder for me, I just felt it a little bit too personal. I remember back then I was one of the first ones to suggest races on the suggestions thread (I spent a lot of time reading old forum posts out of curiosity) it took some months to be added (3 to 5? I can't tell) then all the suggestions I recently brought from playing on UIF were trashed. (triggered me)

I can't deny this.

The community does it when there are ways to do, I got to play and have fun with tons of newbie players on SWAT, but back then some of them would use mods/cheats, get banned and ban evade. What did they get by doing so? Perma ban, mostly of those wouldn't get unbanned even months later after learning and promising not to do it again, yes who would give a damn about one less idiot.

And those who got to become active players would get bored after 4 or 5 months only a few would turn into veteran active players and even those would be playing A/D or new games. Looking in retrospective if PS had a league or support for those who were looking to play A/D then even less players would have left and more would have come in. (small 12 or 15 slots servers would have been enough). But I couldn't have suggested that, I was just new into that, didn't have the resources nor the position to suggest that.

Who knows, probably more than a half of DotA2 players are almost enjoying their rage.

But that just me talking, a not so respected chaotic good triggered player.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. RedShirt

RedShirt Administrator
    Staff Member Forum Admin

You are talking about stuff you know nothing about. For quite time in past years we had automatic 3-month unban, and still half a year ago everyone who got banned for first cheat that appealed was probably unbanned in 1-3 days after showing proof their game was clean, i was working regularly on handling my anticheat tickets.

All those idiots you are refering to needed to do was make a ban appeal ticket.

9. FireFox_

FireFox_ Airman Basic

I spent here about 1000 hours , i had great and nice friends who helped me a lot , now i feel that i love friends and enemies too .
    i think that if you had had more forgiveness to banned players the server wouldn't be like that (just my opinion)

10. Brand

Brand Airman

Well, I spent alot of time in here and when server had low players then me and rutter invited alot of IRL friends in here who had stayed here for a bit of time but only one stayed here who is Trouble_Maker. I have a group of 1.2k people in where all used to advertise their servers but i had pinned partyserver there to make much players on server. I've pm'ed my few sa-mp friends and still no one stayed. But now i'd work hard to make much players in the server. I'd be friendly with all newbies as i was friendly with few. Just my request is not to close the server. If you want you could sell the donator package and remove week achievements. Those who stayed here because me and rutter was friendly with them they are Tai_Mai , Skidford , ..MALIK.. (NON-REGISTERED) etc. This is all i want to say.
    Best wishes,
    ASSASSIN_HUNTER

11. [r]huzefa

[r]huzefa Senior Airman

Sigh,the good 'ld days of Ps,even though i am not a really old player of Samp ps,i still remember the days when there were a 100 players,and i would stay up all night because i just couldnt stop playing.Partyserver is and has been simply one of the best servers i have known in Samp.Even then the raise in players has vastly declined.Even i now rarely play it.Though i was thinking,it is said that it is never too late to do the right thing,and it is worth always to give a try.So friends,lets atleast try to give it a shot.And i was also thinking that partyserver's players have declined in Samp but i believe that it has much more potential if it trys to start a server in some other games.Now i know you may not be able to support it Redshirt but i am sure its worth a try. There are a few good games out there that have already an anticheat and require quite little scripting(example:unturned,cod etc). Looking at the server you have made in Samp.I am sure that you would be able to make and manage a good new server. But i have to say that i am not in your place,so i dont know the struggles you must be facing.Just asking you to give it a try if possible.Thank you for all you have given us Redshirt.It wont be forgotten........
    StAy FrOsTy,
    Thanks,
    [R]huzefa

12. Saloun

Saloun Airman First Class

PartyServer was the first server i started playing back on 2012, i met nice people and learned a lot of things, spend hours playing on this server. PartyServer will always be on my mind and i will never forget all the great moments i spent on this server with many people (also the ones who stopped playing).
    Special Thanks goes to RedShirt for all the time and the effort he has put into this server.

Thanks for everyhing, PartyServer.

13. Incognito

Incognito Captain

Goodbye partyserver

Saloun likes this.
  14. SkidR0WS

SkidR0WS BANNED
    Moderator Banned

Ah shocked to hear about server, The time when i started playing here in 2016 many players used to play, made new friends and enemies too saw many pro's and so many hackers too xD *coughs*. still i love and respect everyone who plays and work for the server The thing that this server is going to be closed soon really made me sad + one more thing @RedShirt are you retired from adminship? [​IMG]
    Partyserver you will be here :h: :cry:

15. Eazy

Eazy Staff Sergeant
    Sr. P.S. Admin

I find it hard to read anything regarding an possible ending of Partyserver,but I am aware that not everyhting is there forever... Started to be around 11 years ago and had many years of great fun through great and hard times in this community. Very honored to be apart of the admin team and met alot of awesome people.

The time and efford you took in Partyserver will certainly not be forgotten by those who enjoyed the server Redshirt. I cannot even imagine how many hours you spend to arrange stuff around here. Thanks for giving us pleasant times!

16. [TPK]nickboss[MO]

Gang Leader

Partyserver will stay in our heart :h:

17. Biggie

Biggie Technical Sergeant

Since 2009 the best samp server
    Good manager, good person just can say Thanks Jernejl.

18. Clown_Lobanja

Clown_Lobanja Fat Clown
    P.S. Trustee

Partyserver forever in the heart and friends tooo i love all my friends and all partyserver and i never forget my good friends we are big partyserver family i love you all :) :h: :h:

19. PepsiMax

PepsiMax Airman First Class
    Sr. P.S. Admin

I dedicate this song to all those who will remain here until partyserver kicks the bucket, it is a true honor to go down with the ship!

20. [spEc]Hunter

[spEc]Hunter spEcial
    P.S. Trustee

It's a sad day, unfortunately I knew that day would come ... I can not forget the hours and days I've spent in this wonderful server that i played since 2010.
    I have known many friends, admins and players.. I will never forget them.. I will never forget the good old days when it was +200 players in the same session.. "sigh" i dont know what to say i'am very sad ...
    I will never forget the beautiful old web site with hundreds of beautiful threads that unfortunately have disappeared.. it was a good site and better than this one ..
    I will never forget when the whole server was fighting at SF airport trying to get a hydra and the great battle there.
    Thank you "Redshirt" for all, you've done such a great job during all these years which allowed partyserver to be the best TDM server.. Thank you "Ray" dispite of your absence, perhaps the military work, in any case I wish you all the good.. A big thanks to the “BOSS” yes, too severe but still neutral, fair and impartial with the players when he left partyserver I felt something missing..
    My respect and my thanks for those admins ...
    BoSS, Alejoint , Taco ,nite, Petula , Raider,
    , promking , zeon, matite, Marc, hotknife ,Nelx, Hit,SN4k3 3y3s, a_doorway, Rysher, FD2, [OMCK]4JIEHOdEBKA, [2pac]JerryCizk, jose, REM, Pepsimax, Edge, Ymtisd, Agent Tall, Mac_Aenus, OminouS, Vega, ryphzoN, Bulleh, Chrome, Eden, [spEc]Rob[PF], Posottaja , Cam3 , Pierre. the list is long my friends ...
    AND a great tribute and respect especially for this golden generation of players that I have played with them all these years .. I love you all :
    [DIE]Incognito[PF] , N1ghtm4r3 , [ACI]Xumepa, igorce, Agent_TACO , Alejoint , Silent , Boss, cam , [FcK]dilma_arrombada , poison[] , pr0wh0re , [OMSK]s_vertuhi , L0$T , Barcelona.FC , (Alkaida), [SAK]Edenko , [TRAP]thais , S4ba_ , Dj_Robak , [spEc]pacer , [2pac]JerryCizk , petula , [GaRlick] , Metalcamp , lesbian , []Pr4dat0r[] , saloun, JuanD[PF] , Mik3 , [KFC]Zeon , Seneca , [KFC]ymtisd , [KFC]venom , [GFc]Luca_Brasi , PepsiHax , JuanD , [OMCK]DAT_ASS , Posottaja , HotKnife[] , John_McCain , [spEc]Chrome , [spEc]Rob[PF] , tsu , [SAK]Zyzz , AnonymsX , [SAK]Eden , butt_head , [SAK]Tito_ , Nomad[PF] , Mike_Keaton , Chu, [SAK]316 , agent_TALL , [die]acidbath, T.J. ... forgiveness if I forgot someone :(

A spEcial thanks to all spEc members, its was like my 2nd familly, i was so proud to be a part of this great clan which had many game veterans!

Saloun, Poso, rxz and 1 other person like this.